Ninja Foodi Grill vs Propane Gas Grill - How Does it Hold Up? | Mom's Unboxing, Review’s and Demos
Five Rules For a Perfect Steak
- Published on: Friday, December 10, 2010
- Don't sweat cooking steaks...they are really pretty easy. Here are 5 rules that I follow for just about every steak I cook to get them to come up perfect every time.
1) Know your steak: Filet, New York, Ribeye, etc, all have different qualities and subtleties that you should account for to cook them perfectly
2) Season the Steak well: Most people don't use enough salt & pepper. Don't skimp
3) Get a good sear on both sides: Use a hot pan to get the steaks browned on both sides, without over cooking the center
4) Know your doneness: Use the hand pressure technique to gauge how cooked the steak it. Or a meat thermometer. Don't cut it open.
5) Let it rest: Gotta give the steak some time for the juices to settle before you cut into it.
There's lot of other tips and tricks...but these 5 rules are pretty universal for cooking a steak on the grill, in the pan, in the oven.
Check out the full write up at http://www.noreciperequired.com/technique/five-rules-perfect-steak.
And if you love steak, I'm pretty sure you do, head over here for all my steak recipes & techniques http://www.noreciperequired.com/category/main-ingredient/steak
Get other great steak recipes and videos at http://www.noreciperequired.com
Follow me at :