Ursula von der Leyen: First woman to hold EU's top job
- Published on: Tuesday, July 16, 2019
- The European Parliament has narrowly elected Ursula von der Leyen as president of the European Commission.
The German defence minister will become the first woman to hold the post when she replaces Jean Claude Juncker in November.
She's a stalwart supporter of European integration and close ally of German Chancellor Angela Merkel.
Al Jazeera's Jonah Hull reports from Strasbourg.
- Subscribe to our channel: http://aje.io/AJSubscribe
- Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/AJEnglish
- Find us on Facebook: /aljazeera
- Check our website: https://www.aljazeera.com/
#EuropeanCommission #EuropeanParliament #UrsulaVonDerLeyen