Eatbook VS IKEA Meatballs | Eatbook Cooks | EP 15
- Published on: Tuesday, March 3, 2020
- In this episode of Eatbook VS, we decided to recreate IKEA's popular meatballs. Watch to find out if Qing was able to beat the original and let us know in the comments if you've tried our recipe!
IKEA Meatballs Recipe
Ingredients needed (approx 40 pcs)
- 250g Minced beef
- 250g Minced pork
- 2 Eggs
- Half an onion
- 60g Breadcrumbs
- 70g Butter
- 1½ tsp Salt (Qing put 2.5 tsps and it became too salty!)
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- ¼ tsp Allspice
- 30ml Milk
1. Sweat the chopped up onions in butter to soften it at a low heat. Let the onions come to room temperature when done.
2. In the mixing bowl, add:
3. Mix everything well.
4. Add the rest of the ingredients:
- Minced beef
- Minced pork
5. Mix everything thoroughly.
6. Cover the meat with wrap and refrigerate it for 30mins to an hour.
7. After one hour, roll each ball to roughly about the size of 1 tbsp.
8. Bake them in the pre-heated oven for 20 mins at 220’C or till they are browned.
9. Turn the pan at the 10-minute mark to avoid uneven cooking.
10. Take the pan out and they're ready.
- 200ml Beef stock
- 30ml Soy sauce
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 25g All-purpose flour
- 25g Butter
- 1 tsp Chilli Powder
- 100ml Whipping cream
1. Heat up a pot at a low heat and add butter.
2. Once the butter is melted, add the flour and start mixing them, creating a roux.
3. Add in the beef stock part by part.
4. Bring up the heat to medium-high.
5. Add soy sauce, whipping cream, chilli powder, salt and pepper to taste.
6. Leave to reduce and stir occasionally.
- 100g Cranberries
- 50g Water
- 50g Sugar
1. Boil water in a sauce pan.
2. Add sugar when the water starts to boil.
3. Stir occasionally till it thickens.
4. Add the cranberries.
5. Stir and smash the cranberries.
6. Reduce into a thick jam.
All our videos are non-paid reviews unless specifically stated.
Follow Eatbook on social media!
Featuring (in order of appearance):
Hui Qing Koh - https://www.instagram.com/chingqingbear/
Mandon Lee - https://www.instagram.com/zxns/
Brenda Tan - https://instagram.com/brendatjy/
Adria Tham - https://www.instagram.com/thambellina/
Jeslene Chia - https://www.instagram.com/jeslenec/
John Lim - https://instagram.com/johnjohnah/
Charmaine Sew - https://instagram.com/charmainesew/
Clark Tan - https://www.instagram.com/clark7walker/
Maverick Chua - https://www.instagram.com/mavcly/
Business And Sponsorship Enquiries: