It's time to draw borders on the Arctic Ocean
- Published on: Tuesday, October 24, 2017
- Why Russia wants to own the North Pole.
Follow Johnny to stay up to date:
Vox Borders Episodes:
1. Haiti and the Dominican Republic ( https://youtu.be/4WvKeYuwifc)
2. The Arctic & Russia (https://youtu.be/Wx_2SVm9Jgo)
3. Japan & North Korea (https://youtu.be/qBfyIQbxXPs)
4. Mexico & Guatemala (https://youtu.be/1xbt0ACMbiA)
5. Nepal & The Himalaya (https://youtu.be/ECch2g1_6PQ)
6. Spain & Morocco (https://youtu.be/LY_Yiu2U2Ts)
The ice in the Arctic is disappearing. Melting Arctic ice means new economic opportunities: trade routes in the Arctic ocean, and access to natural resources. Because of this, the Arctic nations are now moving to expand their border claims. Russia has shown that it’s the most ambitious, using a potent combination of soft power and military buildup to advance its agenda. They’ve said the Arctic is rightfully theirs.
Check out more arctic maps from IBRU, Durham University, UK: http://www.durham.ac.uk/ibru/resource... /
Vox Borders is a new international documentary series presented by Emmy-nominated videojournalist Johnny Harris. For this series, Johnny is producing six 10-15 minute documentaries about different borders stories from around the world.