Deshler, Ohio USA - Virtual Railfan LIVE
- Published on: Tuesday, February 12, 2019
- This is a live stream of the “Crossroads of the B&O” railroad in Deshler, Ohio, USA, for people who enjoy watching trains.
Actual start date: August 4, 2017
Camera hosted by Deshler Crossroads Park: /DeshlerCrossroadsPark/
Welcome to Virtual Railfan, please read this important info.
You are welcome to join our family friendly chat, but keep in mind that there’s a community with rules already established. Please check them out below.
Diamond Cam: https://cnclips.net/video/b5eIj7-j0is/video.html
360 Cam: https://cnclips.net/video/sTGxX84Bajg/video.html
IMPORTANT INFO REGARDING THE CROSSINGS: Sometimes the crossings at Mulberry Street do not appear to work. This is because the camera's frame rate is out of sync with the crossings' flicker rate. Please do not call in an inactive crossing, thanks!
Duplication or distribution of our videos is STRICTLY prohibited without permission. Official policy here: https://virtualrailfan.com/recording
• Be polite and respectful
• Use English, we need a single language to be able to understand each other. If you’re not fluent, please use a translator such as Google Translate: https://translate.google.com
• Don’t post in ALL CAPS or use excessive emojis, letters or characters.
• Don’t discuss politics, religion, race, sex, violence, disturbing details about train or vehicle accidents, or anything like that. We try to be mindful of any children who may be watching.
• Don't use the terms "foamer" or "foaming" in your comments or your username. Many railfans find them derogatory and offensive.
• The conversation here is trains, and please remember that it needs to come first. Off topic conversation such as music, sports, jokes, etc. is fine, but it must be kept in balance with on topic.
• Please keep conversations of personal issues (medical, domestic, legal, etc.) out of the chat; take it to messaging or email. Remember, you are sharing information with hundreds of people, not just those directly involved in the chat.
• Don’t ask to become a moderator. It’s earned. If we’re interested in your assistance, we will contact you.
• Please don’t use our chats to seek attention, stand on your soapbox, or criticize other people’s presences or contributions. This is not an exclusive club, we try hard to ensure that our chats feel welcoming to anyone who drops by.
• Just be nice, it’s amazing what happens when we’re all nice to each other.
THINGS THAT WILL GET YOU BANNED:
• Inappropriate usernames
• Asking for subscriptions (subs)
• Being intentionally disruptive, creating arguments or any other jerk-like behavior
• Not following the moderators’ instructions
ABOUT THIS FEED:
The diamond at Deshler, in North Central Ohio, is the intersection of two CSX main lines, both formerly of the Baltimore & Ohio Railroad (B&O). The north-south single-track line (the Toledo Sub) connects Cincinnati and Detroit via Toledo, and the east-west double-track line (the Garrett Sub to the west and the Willard Sub to the east) connects Baltimore and Chicago via Pittsburgh. Approximately 50 freight trains travel through each day.
There are ATCS layouts available for the Willard, Garrett, and Toledo Subs, but there is no server (data) coverage. RCL is essential for ATCS data availability.
There is a radio stream available, listening to the same channels as the speaker heard in the park. AAR channels listened to are 8 (160.230, CSX road), 12 (160.290, Toledo Sub/"LA" desk dispatcher), 84 (161.370, Garrett Sub/"RM" dispatcher), and 94 (161.520, Willard Sub/"IP" dispatcher): https://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/26809/web
There is no Amtrak service here. The last passenger train to stop at Deshler was in 1971.
The two-story structure seen in the NE "quadrant" of the diamond is the former interlocking control tower, and is still used by CSX maintenance-of-way as an office and storage space. The single-story structure in the NW "quadrant" is the former passenger station. Crossroads Park in the SW "quadrant" is where the freight (express) station building formerly stood before it was demolished.
When’s the next train? Yeah, we get this a lot. There’s no schedule for freight, but some of our more knowledgeable members will provide real-time information when it’s available. Please refrain from asking.
ABOUT VIRTUAL RAILFAN:
Virtual Railfan currently has 71 cams from 4 countries. Visit our website for memberships, more free cams, and our own live chat. Thanks for stopping by, we’re glad you’re here!
Know a good location for a camera? We’d love to hear! Please email us at [email protected] If you have any contacts in the area, please let us know.