How To Answer Any Behavioral Interview Question
- Published on: Wednesday, February 7, 2018
- Work It Daily's Free Job Search Resource: https://www.workitdaily.com/why-shut-out-hiring-process-youtube/
8 Smart Questions To Ask Hiring Managers: https://cnclips.net/video/Y95eI-ek_E8/video.html
Don't get STUMPED by tricky interview questions! Instead, learn how to answer them effectively. In this video, career expert J.T. O'Donnell reveals her SECRET to answering behavior interview questions so you can crush your job interviews every time.
A behavioral interview questions is an open-ended questions, meaning it doesn't result in a one-word answer like “yes” or “no.”
Instead, it requires the interviewee to elaborate and give a more personalized answer. Hiring managers use behavioral interview questions to help determine if candidates have the skills or experience to do the job.
The best way to answer these types of questions is to structure your answers using the Experience, Learn, and Grow model.
Experience + Learn = Grow.
- Explain your experience. Share a situation you dealt with in the past. What was the problem or challenge that had to be overcome?
- Talk about how you overcame it and how you accomplished it.
- Explain how you’re going to take this lesson and use it to keep growing as professional so you can add even more value in similar situations in the future.
Here are some common behavioral interview questions you could get asked in your next interview:
- What's your greatest accomplishment on the job?
- Tell me about a difficult situation you encountered and how you overcame it.
- If I was to ask a co-worker about you, how would they describe you on-the-job?
- If someone came to you with an enthusiastic, yet unrealistic request, how would you handle it?
Take these three questions and start practicing structuring your answers using the Experience, Learn, and Grow method.
If you’re having a hard time even getting interviews, check out our free resource that could help address some issues that could be holding you back.
And, if you want J.T. and her team to help you become a pro at interviewing, negotiating and more, then you need to check out our Premium Subscription:
Follow Work It Daily:
#Interview #InterviewTips #JobSearch