Professional Baker Teaches You How To Make BREAD PUDDING!
- Published on: Friday, April 17, 2020
- Classic Bread Pudding are on the menu in Chef Anna Olson's amazing kitchen, and she is going to teach you how to make this delicious recipe from scratch! Follow along with the recipes below!
Subscribe for more video recipes: http://goo.gl/MJV4af
Yield: 8 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
3 Tbsp (45 g) melted butter, plus extra for brushing the pan
4 cups (1 L) day-old bread cubes, cut into ¾-inch (20 mm) dice
2 large eggs
1 egg yolk
½ cup (100 g) granulated sugar (caster sugar)
1 ½ cups (375 mL) milk
1 cup (250 mL) whipping cream (35%)
1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
¼ tsp (1 mL) ground nutmeg
½ cup (75 g) raisins, soaked in hot water and drained (optional)
cinnamon sugar, for sprinkling
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F (180 C). Brush a 6 to 8-cup (1.5 - 2 L) baking dish with melted butter, and pour 3 Tbsp (45 g) over the day-old bread and toss in a large bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, yolk and sugar and then whisk in the milk, cream, vanilla, nutmeg and salt. Pour this over the bread, toss to coat, and let sit for about 15 minutes, stirring once or twice. It may look like a lot of liquid, but it all balances out. After sitting for the required time, use a potato masher or slotted spoon to break down the bread pieces a bit.
3. Drain the soaking raisins and stir them into the pudding mixture. Pour this into the buttered baking dish and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Bake, uncovered, for about 60 minutes, until the pudding soufflés a little and the top turn a golden brown. Allow the pudding to cool for at least 15 minutes before serving.
The bread pudding can be served warm or chilled.
Shop Anna Olson Cookbooks:
Follow Anna on social media:
Anna's Official Website: http://annaolson.ca
Follow Oh Yum on...
Official Oh Yum Website: https://ohyum.tv